24V Power Supplies: Product Catalog & Selection Guide
- 24V Power Supply Introduction
- Typical Applications for 24V Power Supplies
- How to Pick 24V Power Supply
- 24V Power Supply Recommendations
- About FSP
24V Power Supply Introduction
Generally speaking, 24V power supplies are capable of some practical applications when it comes to the workplace or factory. This product catalog and selection guide have what you need to determine if a 24V power supply could work for your needs. Learn more about some typical applications, how to go about picking a power supply, and review some recommendations.
Typical Applications for 24V Power Supplies
A 24V Power supply can change AC to DC and the voltage level can be adjusted at the same time. There are a variety of situations and applications in which you can use a 24V power supply, including open frame or NAS. The 24V may be the right solution when an object you’re using needs a source of power. While you may assume it can only be used in a workplace or construction site, there are some other applications too. There are several instances when you can use a 24V power supply for audio and lighting. There are also medical and communication issues that exist where this type of power supply may be the right answer. Overall, the applications are fairly broad as it’s usually smaller in size and portable.
How to Pick 24V Power Supply
There are a few different factors to consider when you’re shopping around and trying to choose a 24V power supply. For starters, you must ensure that the power supply you’re thinking about getting is compatible with the device you’ll be using it for. The input and output of the power supply are going to vary immensely. You’ll need to choose a 24V power supply with the correct range. You may quickly notice that the price of the unit goes up with the larger the range. Also, consider the power rating which will be measured in watts. This is the reason why you need to think about your needs.
Keep in mind that some of the 24V power supplies are meant for simple applications, while others are built for heavy-duty industrial use. It’s important that you understand some of the features of it such as the multiple output ports and the constant power supply so you can get the most out of it. The majority of the 24V power supplies on the market will have two or three output options. Many out there are also programmable. The biggest issue that people have with power supplies is not installing them and putting them together correctly so make sure you know what you’re doing before you get started.
Additional requirements to consider are as follows:
· The power requirements of the load or circuit, including voltage and current.
· Safety features such as voltage and current limits which work to protect the load.
· The physical size and efficiency of the power supply.
· The noise immunity of the system overall.
24V Power Supply Recommendations
As you now know, there’s a lot that goes into picking a 24V power supply. Therefore, there are some recommendations listed below to help get you on the right track and thinking about a few options that may be ideal for you.
· FSP260-P35-A24: The FSP260-P35-A24 is an open frame option you should highly consider as you weigh your power supply options with 24V. This power supply 24V has a Class-I design and AC-DC switching capabilities. This PSU is capable of delivering 260 watts of continuous power at 18.4 CFM forced air cooling and is constructed with safety in mind. The surge protection is ±2 KV diff., ±4 KV com. You’ll discover it’s most suitable for applications such as audio, information, and networking. It has high altitude 5000 meters operation, power ON/OFF remote control, PFC function built-in, and 1.5KVac isolated between PE and RETURN.
· FSP120-AAAN3: When it comes to adapters, the FSP120-AAAN3 should be near the top of your list. It’s small as it’s only one inch in height and has a semi-slim shape. It has very high reliability and is safe to use as it has over current protection, over temperature protection, and over voltage protection. This adapter operates at 90 to 264 VAC input voltage. It’s an 120 watts AC to DC adapter which is made to be used in IPC systems, Embedded Systems, Printers, Monitors, and POS Systems, to name a few. It’s also designed for ITE application.
· FSP330-AAAN3: Another adapter recommendation to consider is the FSP330-AAAN3. With PFC Circuit, it has high reliability and has safe construction which includes over current protection, over temperature protection, and over voltage protection. This product is a 330 watts AC to DC adapter intended for items that have a high wattage demand. Some applications include IPC systems, embedded systems, printers, monitors, and POS systems. The unit also meets EN55032, EN55024, and FCC class B emission limits, and is designed for ITE application.
FSP Group is proud to be one of the global leading power supply manufacturers. We offer a combination of having a leading role in power supply technology and the cultivation of green energy fields. FSP Group now provides more competitive quality products and makes itself the most reliable partner for customers all around the world.
FSP Group provides various specifications of adapters, product range covers 10~330W and 5~54V. We are working to ensure our adapters are with high energy efficiency and safety approval. Safety meets IEC 62368 and IEC 60950. Many of our adapters also meet DoE Level VI efficiency.
You now have a better idea of what a 24V power supply is and what it can do for you. This product catalog and selection guide are useful for helping you know how to pick the right power supply and offers a few suggestions to get you started in your search. What’s most important is that you consider what you’re using it for and that you take good care of it so that it works efficiently and keeps your devices powered up.
For more FSP product information, please visit：
FSP Group is one of the global leading power supply manufacturer. Since 1993, FSP Group has followed the management conception “service, profession, and innovation” to fulfill its responsibilities as a green energy resolution supplier.