12V Power Supplies: Product Catalog & Selection Guide
- 12V Power Supply Introduction
- Typical Applications for 12V Power Supplies
- How to Pick 12V Power Supply
- 12V Power Supply Recommendations
- About FSP
12V Power Supply Introduction
One of the most common power supplies in use today is the 12V power supplies (or 12VDC power supplies). They are extremely stable and are a type of open frame power supply.
There are some tips on how to pick the right 12V power supply in a variety of applications and for you and your needs. In addition to diving deeper into the 12V power supply, this product catalog and selection guide will also review some of the 12V power supply recommendations to choose from.
Typical Applications for 12V Power Supplies
There are many applications and uses for 12V power supplies that you may be interested in learning more about. Since it’s an open frame power supply one of the most common uses is for network switches and applications. Computer peripherals use it, as well as telecommunications and fiber optic networks and voice, data, and analog communications. You may see it being used in universities and educational facilities as well as instrumentation and electronics. Additional applications include utility and power industries, data acquisition, and the medical field. Other areas include military and motor control.
How to Pick 12V Power Supply
There are some factors and elements to consider as you try to pick your 12V power supply. First and foremost, the safety features and certification should always be at the forefront of your mind. Safety features to know more about are the voltage and current limits to protect the load. It needs to be able to hold a charge for a reasonable amount of time. Think about what you need the power supply for and how you’ll be using it to help you decide. Learn more about the capacity of the power supply and the output of the power supply you need. Consider the power requirements of the load or circuit, including voltage and current. The current rating of a power supply is a big factor in choosing the correct unit for an application. Take into account the physical size and efficiency of the power supply and understand the noise immunity of the system. You may also want one that’s waterproof, lightweight, and doesn’t take up a lot of space.
12V Power Supply Recommendations
There are some open frame 12V power supply recommendations that you should highly consider in your search for the right one. This information will give you a better idea of what’s out there and which one might be most suitable for your needs.
· FSP065-P24-A12: The FSP065-P24-A12 open frame power supply has AC-DC switching capabilities and is compact. The power supply is capable of delivering 65 watts of continuous power at convection cooling and 50℃ operation temperature. Some applications and uses include audio and video, display, information, and networking. A few of the most notable features are that it has high altitude 5000 meters operation, 3KVac isolated between RETURN and chassis, and has OTP or brown out protection.
· FSP150-P24-A12: Another recommendation when it comes to power supply 12v is the FSP150-P24-A12. It is an AC-DC switching power supply and is capable of delivering 150 watts of continuous power at 7 CFM forced air cooling. This type of power supply is designed for information, display, industrial and telecom applications. The features include 1.5KVac isolated between PE and RETURN, OTP, brown out protection, and fast-on ground tab.
· FSP250-H24-A12: The FSP250-H24-A12 12V open frame power supply features class-I design. It has safety construction and the PSU is capable of delivering 250 watts of continuous power at 14 CFM forced air cooling. As it has surge protection ±2 KV diff., ±4 KV com. You’ll want this power supply for uses such as audio, information, and networking. It also contains HVDC 128~310V input operation and high altitude 5000 meters operation.
· FSP150-P35-A12: You should also consider choosing the FSP150-P35-A12 power supply. This series AC-DC switching power supply is Class-I design and features 3 x 5 x 1.126 inches low profile and no-load input power less than 0.21W. PSU is capable of delivering 150 watts of continuous power at 7 CFM forced air cooling. It’s intended for information, display, industrial and telecom applications. Some features include high altitude 5000 meters operation, OTP, brown out protection, and ground pad terminal.
· FSP200-P35-A12: You can also add the FSP200-P35-A12 12V power supply to your list of options. It features 1.5KVac isolated between PE and RETURN and high altitude 5000 meters operation, as well as +12V fan driver. This PSU is capable of delivering 200 watts of continuous power at 7 CFM forced air cooling. Some uses and applications include audio and video, display, household (Europe), information, and networking.
FSP Group is one of the global leading power supply manufacturers. Quality assurance is one of our promises to customers. FSP Group provides more competitive quality products and makes itself the most reliable partner for customers, consumers, and suppliers with the joint creation of maximized values. It’s where power never ends. Our vision is to be the global leading provider of green energy solutions, to touch people’s lives, and to contribute to a better environment.
We offer a wide range of products from adapters and open frame power supplies to TV power supply, PV Inverter, UPS, ESS, and battery chargers. All of our power supplies are designed with ultra-high efficiency, optimal product life, and high reliability. As far as the 12V power supplies and open frame power supply options go, 2" x 4", 3" x 5" standard form factors are available for selection. Modified standard and custom designs are always welcome too.
The product catalog and selection guide are here to help you choose the right 12V power supply for your needs. You now have a better understanding of what it is, how it works, applications, and how to pick one. The recommendations are included to provide you with a great way to get started searching for and choosing a power supply suitable for you. Be sure to always read over the features and capabilities of the 12V power supply in detail and the intended applications before you make a final decision.
FSP Group is one of the global leading power supply manufacturer. Since 1993, FSP Group has followed the management conception “service, profession, and innovation” to fulfill its responsibilities as a green energy resolution supplier.